A: An insurance broker or a brokerage house is a company that does not represent any specific insurance company. It represents the clients. Because of this, they can suggest insurance policies that suit the clients from any of the insurance companies in the market objectively.
In general an insurance broker would provide the following services:
- Understand the client requirements.
- Provide that information of the client to the insurers and obtain the premium.
- Ensure the policy would meet the client requirements.
- Recommend risk improvement and loss minimisation measures.
- Provide risk management and insurance education.
- Help process the claim.